Mental Health and Wellbeing
Broadheath CE Primary School and Pre-School is committed to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of the children and staff connected with our academy. To ensure we are doing this we have the following things in place;
- Staff trained to support adults and pupils with mental health and wellbeing
- Trained teaching assistants to support pupils when issues occur at school or home
- Use of Wrap-Around Care for identified children to support school attendance and mental health and wellbeing
- Collaborative work with external agencies for identified pupils
- Continuous staff training in techniques to identify and support children such as TIS training.
Mental health and wellbeing support for children and families:
The following links contain a wide range of mental health and wellbeing resources for families.
The Starting Well Partnership in Worcestershire (01905 520032) provides support on many issues for parents, carers and professionals.
Support for young people can be found by clicking here.
Support for parents and families can be found by clicking here
The Reach4Wellbeing team supports and promotes the emotional wellbeing of young people and parents of primary school age children through interactive online group programmes. To find out more about their services and how to access support click Reach4Wellbeing.
This link from EEF (Educational Endowment Foundation) has a useful checklist to support families in planning their day.
Mental Health and Wellbeing (ID 1079)
Mrs Julia RandallDesignated Lead for Mental Health and Wellbeing
Mrs Julia Randall
Mrs Holly WestMental Health First Aider
Mrs Holly West
Miss Jo GreenMental Health First Aider
Miss Jo Green